The Mokoia Island Experience
Mokoia Island Wai Ora Experiences
Duration 2½ hours
Departs from the Rotorua Lakefront at 9:30am or 2pm daily
• Cruise in comfort on luxury passenger fast cat - the "WAI ORA" or the Lakeland Queen.
• Experience a guided tour and share with you our history and culture while the 'magic' that is Mokoia Island embraces you.
• See and learn about the flora and fauna of New Zealand's largest inland Island Wildlife Sanctuary, home to the Kiwi, Saddleback and Weka.
• Be amazed at the knowledge of the Maori about their environment - indigenous food sources, healing herbs and utility resources.
• Soak and soothe the feet in Hinemoa's hot pool while hearing the legend of New Zealand's famous 'Forbidden Love Story', Maori's own 'Romeo and Juliet'.
Infants 0 – 4 years free of charge but does not apply to preschool, kindergarten, Kohanga reo or infant group bookings for any services offered.
Child age: 5-15 years old.
- Please note that all bookings have a full cancellation fee if made within 24hours of scheduled booking.