Mokoia Island Wai Ora Experiences
This package offer the best of Hells Gate and Wai Ora Spa + Mokoia Island Experience include a geothermal steam Hangi Lunch
Duration 6 ½ hours
• Cruise in comfort on luxury passenger fast cat - the "WAI ORA" or the Lakeland Queen.
• Experience the Mokoia Island guided tour and share with you our history and culture while the 'magic' that is Mokoia Island embraces you.
• See and learn about the flora and fauna of New Zealand's largest inland Island Wildlife Sanctuary, home to the Kiwi, Saddleback and Weka.
• Be amazed at the knowledge of the Maori about their environment - indigenous food sources, healing herbs and utility resources.
• Soak and soothe the feet in Hinemoa's hot pool while hearing the legend of New Zealand's famous 'Forbidden Love Story', Maori's own 'Romeo and Juliet'.
Then on to or from…
• Free transport to Hells Gate and Wai Ora Spa (NZ’s award winning visitor attraction 2007) from the lakefront and then back to either Tourism Rotorua or your Rotorua City accommodation provider.
• A geothermal steam hangi lunch including dessert at Hells Gate geothermal reserve “Volcanic Café”.
• A geothermal walk around Rotorua’s most active geothermal reserve with steaming fumeroles, hot waterfall, mud volcano and mud pools of Hells Gate.
• Interactive Maori Carving Experience.
• New Zealand’s cultural spa experience using the legendary, healing mud and sulphurous waters that have been likened to …”playing in silk”.
Infants 0 – 4 years free of charge but does not apply to preschool, kindergarten, Kohanga reo or infant group bookings for any services offered.
Child age: 5-15 years old
- Please note that all bookings have a full cancellation fee if made within 24hours of scheduled booking.